- Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 Compliance Requirements Effective July 1, 2011 E-Verify Applies to Certain MHA Contracts
- As a public employer, the McDonough Housing Authority (MHA) is mandated by Georgia law to require its contractors and all of the contractor's subcontractors and sub-subcontractors engaging in the physical performance of services to register with E-Verify at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Services website and participate in the Federal Work Authorization Program in order to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
- E-Verify is a vitally important requirement of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 (the Act).
- Before MHA can consider a proposal from a contractor for the physical performance of services, the contractor must submit the E-Verify Affidavit posted by the Departments of Audits and Accounts or as approved by MHA, containing the contractor's user-identification number and authorization date.
- The contractor must affirm in the E-Verify Affidavit that it is registered with E-Verify, will continue to use E-Verify throughout the contract period, and will only contract with subcontractors and subcontractors of a subcontractor who have presented an E-Verify Affidavit affirming that they have done the same. The approved form of subcontractor's affidavit must contain the subcontractor's E-Verify user-identification number and the date the subcontractor was authorized to use the E-Verify system.
- All contractors, subcontractors, and sub-subcontractors who have no employees and do not hire or intend to hire employees must adhere to the alternative documentation procedures set forth in the Act.
- Contractors must maintain compliance records and provide a copy of each subcontractor's verification to MHA when a subcontractor is retained in connection with the physical performance of services.
- It is the responsibility of all contractors, subcontractors and sub-subcontractors engaging in the physical performance of services to comply with all E-Verify requirements. The information in this notification is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all such requirements. MHA provides this notice as information, not as legal advice.
- All questions concerning E-Verify should be directed your legal counsel and /or to E-Verify. All questions concerning State of Georgia's Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 should be directed to your legal counsel and /or the State of Georgia's Attorney General's Office.
ALL CURRENT CONTRACTS MUST BE IN COMPLIANCE ON JULY 1, 2011.
Notice of IFB/RFP/RFQs
|RFP Name||Post Date||Closing Date/Time||RFP Details|
|Landscaping Services for College/West Main St/West King Rd||April 20, 2022||June 6, 2022/2PM||Download Here|
|Landscaping Services for Lewis St/Hooten St/Church Cir.||April 20, 2022||June 6, 2022/2PM||Download Here|